Signal Corps Association Reenactors Division (SCARD)

Discussion Forum

Signal Corps Association Primary Web Site
[ Back to the listing ] [ Post Reply ] [ Help ] [ Search ]
[ List All Forums ]

Posted By: Dave Gaddy on: 05/10/2010 17:23:54 EDT
Subject: RE: Signal Corp(s) Designated Unit Can Take on Life of Its Own

Message Detail:
I'm slowly losing what sight I still have left, trying to read things on-line. I'm still old-fashioned enough (yea, verily, a relique) to prefer paper, in sheets and in assembled signatures (aka "books"). My "working copy" of Brown is the beautiful anniversary facsimile edition arranged by Mr. Mathers on behalf of our organization, and in association with the proprietor of Butternut & Blue Book Shop in Baltimore in 1996. My copy is stuffed with notes, penciled annotations, paper clips, bookmarks, and a few cawfee stains here and there. It is a treasured companion and ready reference and still holding up well after 14 years. Yes, I can now find many if not all of my carefully annotated passages in microseconds by on-line searches. But I still think of those remaining hard copies that Mr. Mathers, our respected Adjutant and Inspector General may still have occupying space in his quarters, stubbornly resisting price increases, insisting on "holding the lines" for the benefit of tried and true (and wannabe) students and reenactors.
View Parent Message

Post a follow up message
NAME:
EMAIL:
SUBJECT:
Type your Reply here:
NOTIFY ME: Yes No
This posting is a:
Comment
Question
Idea

Don't Agree
Challenge
Heads-Up!

Need Feedback
Meeting Request
LINK URL:
LINK TITLE:
IMAGE URL:

Message Search
Search ALL Forums
Filter Messages
Show messages for past days.
Name Search
Type in a full or partial name
Keyword Search
Enter keyword(s) you want to search for separated by a space.

Match Case?
Match ALL Keywords
Match ANY Keyword