Signal Corps Association Reenactors Division (SCARD)

Discussion Forum

Signal Corps Association Primary Web Site
[ Back to the listing ] [ Post Reply ] [ Help ] [ Search ]
[ List All Forums ]

Posted By: Walt Mathers on: 11/11/2007 09:15:32 EDT
Subject: Hood's Signal Officer

Message Detail:
Dave,

As W.C. Fields said in David Copperfield - "We are expecting something to turn up daily". When that time comes, as it does - almost always unexpectedly, both our researchers and our emulators benefit manifold.

If I recollect rightly, it was on account of the forming of the Colonel William Norris Camp 1398 of the Sons of Confederate Veterans at Fort George G. Meade (then once removed to Laurel, Maryland) that saw many of Signal Officer Duvall's papers, in the hands of a descendant, show up at one of the monthly meetings to again see the light of day. One day, I can be certain, this material will make it into the SCA archive, once a certain tome is published. Is there a date yet?

Someone can not do everything but everyone can do something.

If we as a collected group, continue to post here, and equally as important - if we let others know what we do here, I should think that we will continue to see many more historical puzzle pieces climbing out of the attic trunks, walking up to knock on our cyber door and say - "Here am I, can I help fill in a few of the gaps?"

Enjoy your Sabbath,
Walt

Message Link:

Signal Corps Association (1860-1865)
View Parent Message

Post a follow up message
NAME:
EMAIL:
SUBJECT:
Type your Reply here:
NOTIFY ME: Yes No
This posting is a:
Comment
Question
Idea

Don't Agree
Challenge
Heads-Up!

Need Feedback
Meeting Request
LINK URL:
LINK TITLE:
IMAGE URL:

Message Search
Search ALL Forums
Filter Messages
Show messages for past days.
Name Search
Type in a full or partial name
Keyword Search
Enter keyword(s) you want to search for separated by a space.

Match Case?
Match ALL Keywords
Match ANY Keyword