Signal Corps Association Reenactors Division (SCARD)

Discussion Forum

Signal Corps Association Primary Web Site
[ Back to the listing ] [ Post Reply ] [ Help ] [ Search ]
[ List All Forums ]

Posted By: Walt Mathers on: 11/01/2007 22:22:27 EDT
Subject: RE: Sigl Construct'n Codes for Rutherford County Courthouse Perch

Message Detail:

Indeed it is extant... except that the bell tower has been rebuilt. Is it just me or does the tower look to be leaning a bit to starboard in this image?

According to one of the local PR blurbs, Rutherford County, Tennessee, located just southeast of Nashville on the I-24 corridor, is said to represent a unique blend of Civil War history and a thriving 21st century community.

The events of 1861-1865 will forever be linked with the history of Rutherford County. Stones River National Battlefield, located in Murfreesboro, tells the story of those who fought and died at the fierce Battle of Stones River. Oaklands Historic House Museum and the Sam Davis Home are both antebellum mansions that played a significant role during the Civil War. Other great sites include Cannonsburgh, a pioneer village, and the Discovery Center at Murfree Spring, a hands-on museum for kids of all ages.

Visitors can take a walking tour of the historic downtown area, visit the Heritage Center and the historic Rutherford County Courthouse, circa 1859.

Please find above an enlarged view of the courthouse, c. 1865. Notice the low rent government housing in the front yard. Had to chuckle.... Must be first-generation mainstreamers, right? Camplaigners would have held out for gum blankets, don'tcha think?

Walt

Message Link:

Signal Corps Association (1860-1865)
View Parent Message

Post a follow up message
NAME:
EMAIL:
SUBJECT:
Type your Reply here:
NOTIFY ME: Yes No
This posting is a:
Comment
Question
Idea

Don't Agree
Challenge
Heads-Up!

Need Feedback
Meeting Request
LINK URL:
LINK TITLE:
IMAGE URL:

Message Search
Search ALL Forums
Filter Messages
Show messages for past days.
Name Search
Type in a full or partial name
Keyword Search
Enter keyword(s) you want to search for separated by a space.

Match Case?
Match ALL Keywords
Match ANY Keyword