Signal Corps Association Reenactors Division (SCARD)

Discussion Forum

Signal Corps Association Primary Web Site
[ Back to the listing ] [ Post Reply ] [ Help ] [ Search ]
[ List All Forums ]

Posted By: Walt Mathers on: 03/13/2020 22:54:07 EDT
Subject: William

Message Detail:
Brian,

Thanks for posting up about Bill Hock. The link you provided in yours above didn't work for my browser so I typed the URL and it brought up the following:

William "Bill" Hock departed this world on October 26, 2019, at the age of 67. Devoted husband of Lynda (nee Garcia); loving father and stepfather to Karen, Lauren, Odessa, Jose, Rafael, and Fawn; proud grandfather to Savanna, Hayden, Rosie, and Elijah; brother to Mary, Patricia, and Robert. An Air Force veteran who served with the 928th Air Guard and Civil Engineering Squadron. Bill wore many hats in his life. Continuing a tradition of service that Bill learned as a young man, he made his life's work being the helping-hand for people in his life. He was an outdoors man, fisherman, skilled craftsman, woodworker, and re-enactor of Civil War battles. Bill loved music, and with some family and friends, helped open the Chicago venue for greats to perform the deep soul sounds of Chicago Blues at "The Piano Man" on Clark Street. He will be remembered for his charm and wit, hosting late-night campfires, renowned for laughter, and camaraderie. He was very skilled at making sense of complicated projects and working through intricacies others would find tedious. He is preceded in death by his parents, John and Mary; brother, Robert; daughter, Fawn; and stepson, Rafael. Bill will be greatly missed. Please join us for a celebration of his life Saturday, November 23, from 12 p.m. until the time of service and Air Force honors at 4 p.m., at Hamsher Lakeside Funerals and Cremations, 12 N. Pistakee Lake Rd., Fox Lake.

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi 3.3.3.

View Parent Message

Post a follow up message
NAME:
EMAIL:
SUBJECT:
Type your Reply here:
NOTIFY ME: Yes No
This posting is a:
Comment
Question
Idea

Don't Agree
Challenge
Heads-Up!

Need Feedback
Meeting Request
LINK URL:
LINK TITLE:
IMAGE URL:

Message Search
Search ALL Forums
Filter Messages
Show messages for past days.
Name Search
Type in a full or partial name
Keyword Search
Enter keyword(s) you want to search for separated by a space.

Match Case?
Match ALL Keywords
Match ANY Keyword