Signal Corps Association Reenactors Division (SCARD)

Discussion Forum

Signal Corps Association Primary Web Site
[ Back to the listing ] [ Post Reply ] [ Help ] [ Search ]
[ List All Forums ]

Posted By: Walt Mathers on: 07/12/2016 18:39:40 EDT
Subject: Society of the US Military Telegraph

Message Detail:
Special Features of Old Timers Reunion

The reunion of the Old Time Telegraphers and Historical Association and the Society of the United States Military Telegraph Corps will be held at the Hotel McAlpin, Broadway at 34th street, New York, September 26, 27 and 28.

Mr Thomas E. Fleming, chairman of the committee on entertainment, reports that those who contemplate attending the reunion will no doubt be well re-paid for their visit to the city.

Wednesday, September 27, will be known as Edison Day, the day being given up to a trip to West Orange, NJ, where Mr Thomas A. Edison will be the host.

Mr Edison writes to the committee, "I have not been receiving visiting parties of late but am going to make an exception in the case of the Old Time Telegraphers and the United States Military Telegraphers to whom I now extend a cordial invitation to visit me on Wednesday, September 27, next. I will arrange to have our friends shown some of the plant and also to provide entertainment including lunch. I shall be glad to see my old friends and former associates when they come out here on this visit."

The other features of the entertainment will probably consist of a boat ride around Manhattan on Tuesday, September 26, followed by a reception and dance in the evening.

Thursday will be devoted to sight seeing which will include some special features not yet fully worked out.

It is imperative that those who intend to be present should notify Mr R.J. Murphy, chairman of committee on registration, 195 Broadway, New York, as soon as possible so that the necessary arrangements can be made to cover their stay in the city and to assign them to places at the banquet table.

Mr. F. Scherrer, 30 Church street, and Mr. David Homer Bates, 658 Broadway, New York, are the secretaries of the Old Timers and of the Military Telegraphers respectively.

Mr P.J. Casey, Room 206, No. 1100 Broadway, New York, is chairman of the hotel committee and he will attend to hotel reservations.

Source: Telegraph and Telephone Age, August 1st 1916, Pg. 364

Post a follow up message
NAME:
EMAIL:
SUBJECT:
Type your Reply here:
NOTIFY ME: Yes No
This posting is a:
Comment
Question
Idea

Don't Agree
Challenge
Heads-Up!

Need Feedback
Meeting Request
LINK URL:
LINK TITLE:
IMAGE URL:

Message Search
Search ALL Forums
Filter Messages
Show messages for past days.
Name Search
Type in a full or partial name
Keyword Search
Enter keyword(s) you want to search for separated by a space.

Match Case?
Match ALL Keywords
Match ANY Keyword