Signal Corps Association Reenactors Division (SCARD)

Discussion Forum

Signal Corps Association Primary Web Site
[ Back to the listing ] [ Post Reply ] [ Help ] [ Search ]
[ List All Forums ]

Posted By: Ray Wemple on: 06/02/2009 11:53:10 EDT
Subject: RE: Baltimore - DC: USMT or WU?

Message Detail:
Walt,
Thanks for that very interesting information in detail. I will set that aside on my hard drive and hopefully be able to retieve it when more questions come up.

I think the initial question concerning the telegraph during the war (CW) was whether or not it was controlled by the individual companies, e.g., WU or AT, etc. of completely under the control of the USMT. It was my understanding that it was under the total control of the USMT. However, Dave Gaddy aptly pointed out otherwise. Civilian telegraphs were on the WU or AT or whatever company form and the USMT telegraphs obviously on the USMT form. That I can understand, but I thought the presidents move to what I call "Federalize" the system meant govt. control of all the individual companies under the title USMT. Obviously, I was incorrect.
Can you expound on all of this and let us know what you believe was the case? Thanks. Also, I am truly grataeful for any critique of my remarks and believe that this is a great learning site without malice aforethought.
73, Ray

View Parent Message
Follow ups:

Post a follow up message
NAME:
EMAIL:
SUBJECT:
Type your Reply here:
NOTIFY ME: Yes No
This posting is a:
Comment
Question
Idea

Don't Agree
Challenge
Heads-Up!

Need Feedback
Meeting Request
LINK URL:
LINK TITLE:
IMAGE URL:

Message Search
Search ALL Forums
Filter Messages
Show messages for past days.
Name Search
Type in a full or partial name
Keyword Search
Enter keyword(s) you want to search for separated by a space.

Match Case?
Match ALL Keywords
Match ANY Keyword