Signal Corps Association Reenactors Division (SCARD)

Discussion Forum

Signal Corps Association Primary Web Site
[ Back to the listing ] [ Post Reply ] [ Help ] [ Search ]
[ List All Forums ]

Posted By: Chuck Lee on: 06/18/2002 17:45:25 CDT
Subject: RE: A Flag Size Question - Puzzled

Message Detail:
If I recall correctly - and man, is that ever a long shot - weren't bolts of material in the 1850s / 60s in something like 22 1/2" widths?

I'm not sure if my wife would make me an honors flag if I had to take apart any others she might have made. I'm not sure that "honors" or "honor" would have entered into any discussions for a while after that - at least, not applied to me...lol.

Then again, my wife DID make us two tents and a tent fly.

Steve, that's some pretty fascinating information. I had no idea how they revealed BOTH sides of the center square. I guess I should go take a closer look at the flags Ms. Joiner made for me and act like I know what I'm looking for. My wife will be so impressed - and I owe you one, Steve.

I'm not trying to compete with Ms. Joiner or take food off her plate - I plan on patronizing her, even if my wife goes nuts and decides she'd like to sew Signal flags...lol. I need to support the folks who do the real work and research and make affordable goods. I hope for that from others when I do metal castings, and I can do no less for others. I sure am not going to "reverse engineer" her flags, but I need to know more about how they were made so I don't sound as bumfuzzled when spectators ask me questions.

Thanks for the insight and the information, Steve.

Chuck Lee

View Parent Message
Follow ups:

Post a follow up message
NAME:
EMAIL:
SUBJECT:
Type your Reply here:
NOTIFY ME: Yes No
This posting is a:
Comment
Question
Idea

Don't Agree
Challenge
Heads-Up!

Need Feedback
Meeting Request
LINK URL:
LINK TITLE:
IMAGE URL:

Message Search
Search ALL Forums
Filter Messages
Show messages for past days.
Name Search
Type in a full or partial name
Keyword Search
Enter keyword(s) you want to search for separated by a space.

Match Case?
Match ALL Keywords
Match ANY Keyword