Signal Corps Association Reenactors Division (SCARD)

Discussion Forum

Signal Corps Association Primary Web Site
[ Back to the listing ] [ Post Reply ] [ Help ] [ Search ]
[ List All Forums ]

Posted By: John E. Schultz on: 10/12/2005 20:27:54 EDT
Subject: Another year at the CREEK

Message Detail:
.........Cedar Creek that is!

Yes - it's time for our annual fun at Cedar Creek.

Many things are coming together. One of the biggest things that many of us in the hobby are looking to see is how many people actually SHOW UP this year with fuel prices on the rise. I know it'll cost me over $300 in gasoline to get there and back with our Ford Expedition and trailer. There's questions on other forums about "Is this the demise of the NATIONAL event?" (due to the fuel crisis) Well - I dont know - but this weekend will surely be an indicator.

As far as signals, Signal Corps of the James will be working with the ANV Staff for "on-field" communications for that wing of the army. We'll be working closely with the Event Signal Officer, Captain Stecker and his great bunch of folks helping out wherever we can. Hopefully we'll get to 'fire up' the torches and do some night-time communications. That would be exciting.

There wont be telegraph - but that is OK. We're on the 'cusp' of getting wireless to work. Once that happens and we field-test it - we'll be able to be more flexable in that regard should we ever get anybody on the other side who wants to play. (at that event)

I look forward to seeing the other Confederate Signalists up there - We plan to arrive around 3pm (LATEST) on Friday. Stop by and chat!

Your Obedient Servant,

John E. Schultz

Follow ups:

Post a follow up message
NAME:
EMAIL:
SUBJECT:
Type your Reply here:
NOTIFY ME: Yes No
This posting is a:
Comment
Question
Idea

Don't Agree
Challenge
Heads-Up!

Need Feedback
Meeting Request
LINK URL:
LINK TITLE:
IMAGE URL:

Message Search
Search ALL Forums
Filter Messages
Show messages for past days.
Name Search
Type in a full or partial name
Keyword Search
Enter keyword(s) you want to search for separated by a space.

Match Case?
Match ALL Keywords
Match ANY Keyword