Signal Corps Association Reenactors Division (SCARD)

Discussion Forum

Signal Corps Association Primary Web Site
[ Back to the listing ] [ Post Reply ] [ Help ] [ Search ]
[ List All Forums ]

Posted By: Ray Wemple on: 10/07/2005 10:37:58 EDT
Subject: RE: Clothesline Signalling Goes Aloft

Message Detail:
DAVE,
I ENJOYED READING YOUR COMMENTS AS ALWAYS. THEY ACTUALLY ARE QUITE TIMELY AS I AM GOING TO DO A LITTLE PRESENTATION ON NORRIS FOR A SMALL GROUP I BELONG TO CALLED SIMPLY "THE BUFFS" IN NOVEMBER. ALWAYS BEGIN BY TALKING ABOUT MYER & EPA AND THEN SWING INTO 1ST MANASSAS/BULL RUN AND CREDIT EPA WITH THE BEGINNINGS OF CSA SC. EPA'S PERSONAL COMMENTS WILL CERTAINLY ENHANCE THE WHOLE MATTER AND WAS AN ENLIGHTENMENT TO ME. DAMN, JUST WHEN YOU THINK YOU KNEW IT ALL!! (HI,HI). THIS IS GREAT. ALSO, THANKS FOR THE INFO ON THE BOOKS WHICH IS NEW TO ME. PRESENTLY, BETWEEN TRIPS TO THE DOCTORS AND WORK, I AM TRYING TO PREPARE SOMETHING ON THE USMT. THIS IS YET ANOTHER INTERESTING AREA OF INVESTIGATION THAT ONE NEVER HEARS MUCH ABOUT AT CW RT PRESENTATIONS. AT LEAST IN SOME SMALL WAY WE ARE ABLE TO LET OUR COMPATRIOTS KNOW A LITTLE ABOUT THE GUYS WHO WORE THE CROSSED FLAGS & TORCH AND THEIR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THEIR CAUSE.
IN EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE READ ( WHICH PROBABLY IS NOT AS MUCH AS SOMEONE ELSE), ABOUT MYER, I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF HIM BEING MUCH OF A PRACTICAL JOKER. HE WROTE TENDERLY TO "MY DEAREST KATE" AND HIS DICUSSIONS ABOUT HIS CHILDREN, BUT NEVER RECALL ANYTHING ABOUT A PRANK OR HUMOROUS EVENT. I GUESS "OLD PROBABILITIES" WAS JUST TOO BUSY PROMOTING THE SIG C IDEA, TRYING TO RECRUIT USMT PERSONNEL INTO THE SIG C AND WORRYING ABOUT HIS MEETING(S) WITH SEC. OF WAR E.M. STANTON.
THANKS AGAIN FOR THE INFO ON E.P.A., AND I WOULD TRULY BE VERY APPREHENSIVE AND ON MY TOES IF I WERE ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE FIELD FROM HIM.
View Parent Message

Post a follow up message
NAME:
EMAIL:
SUBJECT:
Type your Reply here:
NOTIFY ME: Yes No
This posting is a:
Comment
Question
Idea

Don't Agree
Challenge
Heads-Up!

Need Feedback
Meeting Request
LINK URL:
LINK TITLE:
IMAGE URL:

Message Search
Search ALL Forums
Filter Messages
Show messages for past days.
Name Search
Type in a full or partial name
Keyword Search
Enter keyword(s) you want to search for separated by a space.

Match Case?
Match ALL Keywords
Match ANY Keyword