Signal Corps Association Reenactors Division (SCARD)

Discussion Forum

Signal Corps Association Primary Web Site
[ Back to the listing ] [ Post Reply ] [ Help ] [ Search ]
[ List All Forums ]

Posted By: Walt Mathers on: 09/14/2005 17:42:19 EDT
Subject: Chris Anders' Engineer Communicators Have Come Of Age

Message Detail:
Following Chris Anders' remarks"

"As an educational tool, and a communication tool (when the time is not of the essence), signal is very valuable. You cannot run a battel scenario by such, time is too critical. For the typical beer, battle, ball events, where the battle is just to look something "like" the original action, I amsure it is fine. But for events that script downto indivual movments (such as the fight for the flag of the 21st VA) pre battle walkthroughs down tot he NCO level and radio communications are required. For historical scenarios, we are no more than actors on a stage, and not some form of reality TV. As such a "general" is more of a stage manager, and needs good communication with key folks.

I now use engineers to accompany each force commander, with a radio, so they can get instant information, orders and any scenario adaptions. My Chief Engineer controls the ring and stands by me at all times. Hand held raidos are cheap and easy and work very well, and the troops never see them because the engineers are told how and when to use them."

... are there any out here in cyberspace who'd like to discuss the hot topics which are beginning to engulf the future of functional signal portrayals or has Nero's captivating fiddle still got you transfixed like moths to the flame?

Most keyboards are kept near the monitors we are starring at right now. Just a thought... Anyone?

Walt

Message Link:

Signal Corps Association Re-enactors' Division (SCARD)
View Parent Message
Follow ups:

Post a follow up message
NAME:
EMAIL:
SUBJECT:
Type your Reply here:
NOTIFY ME: Yes No
This posting is a:
Comment
Question
Idea

Don't Agree
Challenge
Heads-Up!

Need Feedback
Meeting Request
LINK URL:
LINK TITLE:
IMAGE URL:

Message Search
Search ALL Forums
Filter Messages
Show messages for past days.
Name Search
Type in a full or partial name
Keyword Search
Enter keyword(s) you want to search for separated by a space.

Match Case?
Match ALL Keywords
Match ANY Keyword