Signal Corps Association Reenactors Division (SCARD)

Discussion Forum

Signal Corps Association Primary Web Site
[ Back to the listing ] [ Post Reply ] [ Help ] [ Search ]
[ List All Forums ]

Posted By: Ted Wagner on: 06/14/2002 14:09:14 CDT
Subject: RE: Recognizing Competence

Message Detail:
Walt may correct me if I'm wrong here. SCARD is an organization to pull people together and offer a resource.

How do you know if someone is competent? Well, honestly, you don't until you work with them. If you see signal at an event, talk to them...and work with them. If you don't know them, I think it would be justified to do a quick drill with them. Get going early on Saturday morning and send some messages. Make sure you're on the same page...get some practice so you become familiar with them. Actually, to be honest with you, it's almost critical you do this. If you don't I doubt the messages would go through without error. Working with an unfamiliar station could be quite hectic if one station is used to sending at a specific speed and your not...or vise versa.

Also, remember, it's kind of like buying a car from a dealer. Is one Ford dealer just as good as another? Not necessarily. If I buy a chevy at this dealership, will they be as willing to work with me as this other dealersphip? Not necessarily.

Work with a group. You'll QUICKLY find out if they are competent. It will standout worse than a company of 101st airborne reenactors wearing german uniforms.

Ted

View Parent Message
Follow ups:

Post a follow up message
NAME:
EMAIL:
SUBJECT:
Type your Reply here:
NOTIFY ME: Yes No
This posting is a:
Comment
Question
Idea

Don't Agree
Challenge
Heads-Up!

Need Feedback
Meeting Request
LINK URL:
LINK TITLE:
IMAGE URL:

Message Search
Search ALL Forums
Filter Messages
Show messages for past days.
Name Search
Type in a full or partial name
Keyword Search
Enter keyword(s) you want to search for separated by a space.

Match Case?
Match ALL Keywords
Match ANY Keyword