Signal Corps Association Reenactors Division (SCARD)

Discussion Forum

Signal Corps Association Primary Web Site
[ Back to the listing ] [ Post Reply ] [ Help ] [ Search ]
[ List All Forums ]

Posted By: Ray Wemple on: 06/13/2002 21:28:59 CDT
Subject: RE: Telegraph Sets

Message Detail:
CHUCK,
AGAIN, I AM NOT AN EXPERT ON TELEGRAPH KEYS. HOWEVER, I RAN INTO A FELLOW AMATEUR RADIO OPERATOR AT THE MOST RECENT "HAMCONVENTION" IN DAYTON, OHIO LAST MONTH WHO I BELIEVE IS. HIS NAME IS TOM PERERA AND HIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS TOM@W1TP.COM. W1TP IS HIS HAM CALL SIGN. HE IS A PROFESSOR AT MONTCLAIR STATE UNIVERSITY(CALDWELL, NEW JERSEY) AND HAS WRITTEN SEVERAL PUBLICATIONS, ONE OF WHICH IS "THE HISTORY OF TECHNOLOGY" . AT DAYTON, HE HAD LITERALLY HUNDREDS OF KEYS INCLUDING SOME OF THE CIRCA 1860 CAMELBACK WITH KOB. HIS FOCUS IS ON CIVIL WAR AND PRE-CIVIL WAR TELEGRAPH KEYS, SO HE WOULD BE A WEALTH OF INFORMATION FOR YOU. I DONT KNOW HIM PERSONALLY BUT I AM ALMOST CERTAIN IF YOU MADE AN INQUIRY TO HIM THAT YOU WOULD GET A RESPONSE. HE HAS WRITTEN THE FIRST AND HE SAYS "THE ONLY" "TELEGRAPH COLLECTORS GUIDE" WITH 100 PAGES WHICH DESCRIBE AND DISPALY PHOTOGRAPHS OF OVER 300 KEYS AS WELL AS LISTS OF MANY HUNDREDS MORE.

SEND HIM AN EMAIL WITH YOUR INQUIRY. I WOULD BE INTERESTED TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF RESPONSE YOU GET FROM HIM. GOOD LUCK!
RAY

View Parent Message
Follow ups:

Post a follow up message
NAME:
EMAIL:
SUBJECT:
Type your Reply here:
NOTIFY ME: Yes No
This posting is a:
Comment
Question
Idea

Don't Agree
Challenge
Heads-Up!

Need Feedback
Meeting Request
LINK URL:
LINK TITLE:
IMAGE URL:

Message Search
Search ALL Forums
Filter Messages
Show messages for past days.
Name Search
Type in a full or partial name
Keyword Search
Enter keyword(s) you want to search for separated by a space.

Match Case?
Match ALL Keywords
Match ANY Keyword