Signal Corps Association Reenactors Division (SCARD)

Discussion Forum

Signal Corps Association Primary Web Site
[ Back to the listing ] [ Post Reply ] [ Help ] [ Search ]
[ List All Forums ]

Posted By: Walt Mathers on: 05/22/2005 19:58:10 EDT
Subject: CSA vs. USA Signal Roster - There Are Similarities You Know

Message Detail:

Dave,

After thinking about it all day, I got back to rubbing my chin after re-reading your reply to Bernie Cooper's CSA Signal Corps Roster post.

When you said those who served on duty with the Confederate army signal corps included "...no cpls, no pvts--these were detailed to sig svc as required." I thought, yes that's right. However, 'tis also true with the Federal army signal corps prior to 1863 but Brown listed these non-signal corps types in his roster.

I'm open (as are we all) to putting up what we can on the Confederate side of the roster issue. We should.

Tain't right not havin' the Southron boys represented at our dinner table too.

On the other hand, we're all waiting with great anticipation for your soon-to-be-released tome on the Signal Corps in the Confederate States Army. Man what a party that will be for all of us! Will we git an invite down for a River Party?

Until then should we settle on listing the CS signallists names or would you want to become the project manager for this.....please say yes?

Some of the entries on the US side of the equation in J. Wiilard Brown's roster simply say 'detailed'. Actually, when you get right down to it, quite a lot of them are listed as 'detailed' with some showing from whence they came while still others show some description of subesquent signal duties too.

Inquiring flag floppers wanna know, what do you suggest?

Best Regards,
Walt
Front!, Front!, Front!

Message Link:

Signal Corps Association (1860-1865)
View Parent Message
Follow ups:

Post a follow up message
NAME:
EMAIL:
SUBJECT:
Type your Reply here:
NOTIFY ME: Yes No
This posting is a:
Comment
Question
Idea

Don't Agree
Challenge
Heads-Up!

Need Feedback
Meeting Request
LINK URL:
LINK TITLE:
IMAGE URL:

Message Search
Search ALL Forums
Filter Messages
Show messages for past days.
Name Search
Type in a full or partial name
Keyword Search
Enter keyword(s) you want to search for separated by a space.

Match Case?
Match ALL Keywords
Match ANY Keyword