Signal Corps Association Reenactors Division (SCARD)

Discussion Forum

Signal Corps Association Primary Web Site
[ Back to the listing ] [ Post Reply ] [ Help ] [ Search ]
[ List All Forums ]

Posted By: Chuck Lee on: 06/07/2002 22:18:58 CDT
Subject: RE: Uniform Standards

Message Detail:
Chip,

Walt's right - I should have qualified my post as "Signal Corps Uniform Standards". Your information is still pertinent, though.

How would you suggest we take the information you've got and format it? I've already taken a preliminary hack at writing Uniform Standards for the Washington Artillery of New Orleans - which includes not only text but photos, and hopefully lots more photos to be added soon - and it covers five periods, from 1838 to 1865. I'm not sure that I like how I've set it up, but I lack the imagination and the comprehensive grasp of the subject matter to really know HOW to set it up effectively. If you wouldn't mind taking a glance at it and giving me the benefit of your experience and expertise, it would be greatly appreciated.

That'll be a great help in utilizing the Uniform Standards you've developed, and then maybe we can get a running start on putting all these disparate parts together.

To show you how easily major things are overlooked, Walt looked over my website and his first question was, "Why'd you leave out the spectacles?" If I'd been honest with him, I'd have said, "Just dumb, I guess." The first three things we tell new recruits are: (1) don't sweat the uniforms right away, 'cuz we've got plenty of spare pieces of uniforms to outfit almost anyone; so concentrate on getting the two things we can't loan you, which are (2) footwear and (3) eyeglasses. And I wear glasses, and own two pairs for reenacting.

So you can see that I need lots of help...lol.

Thanks, Chip!

Chuck Lee

View Parent Message
Follow ups:

Post a follow up message
NAME:
EMAIL:
SUBJECT:
Type your Reply here:
NOTIFY ME: Yes No
This posting is a:
Comment
Question
Idea

Don't Agree
Challenge
Heads-Up!

Need Feedback
Meeting Request
LINK URL:
LINK TITLE:
IMAGE URL:

Message Search
Search ALL Forums
Filter Messages
Show messages for past days.
Name Search
Type in a full or partial name
Keyword Search
Enter keyword(s) you want to search for separated by a space.

Match Case?
Match ALL Keywords
Match ANY Keyword