Signal Corps Association Reenactors Division (SCARD)

Discussion Forum

Signal Corps Association Primary Web Site
[ Back to the listing ] [ Post Reply ] [ Help ] [ Search ]
[ List All Forums ]

Posted By: Chuck Lee on: 06/05/2002 14:51:35 CDT
Subject: CyberClerk At Large

Message Detail:
Walt,

As per your post of some days ago, this CyberClerk (is there an established pay rate yet?) has sent you a CDV of a peacock masquerading as a Signalman. He's wearing a roundabout with 14 buttons down the front and four buttons on each cuff. Since I found one example, can I assume that was the standard for the Signal Corps and have all my fellows dress in that fashion?

(Yeah, I'd love to have the leopardskin trowsers of the fellow - was he from Alabama? - that everybody makes fun of as the farbiest of the real CW soldiers. Funny thing is, knowing that he not only had leopardskin trowsers but also leopardskin holsters, you just KNOW there's probably a leopardskin jacket and maybe a leopardskin vest kicking around somewhere that he neglected to don for the CDV...lol)

I also got a CDV just a couple of hours ago on my son's computer of a fellow in a slouch hat with a Signal Corps insignia on his sleeve. He may have been wearing a sack coat - I was too interested in the insignia and trying to learn the date of the CDV (which no one knows) to take note of the jacket style. As soon as I'm allowed back on his computer, I'll forward it to you.

Could I be a roving CyberReporter instead? Well, maybe CyberClerk is best for now - nothing to report.

Chuck Lee

Post a follow up message
NAME:
EMAIL:
SUBJECT:
Type your Reply here:
NOTIFY ME: Yes No
This posting is a:
Comment
Question
Idea

Don't Agree
Challenge
Heads-Up!

Need Feedback
Meeting Request
LINK URL:
LINK TITLE:
IMAGE URL:

Message Search
Search ALL Forums
Filter Messages
Show messages for past days.
Name Search
Type in a full or partial name
Keyword Search
Enter keyword(s) you want to search for separated by a space.

Match Case?
Match ALL Keywords
Match ANY Keyword