Signal Corps Association Reenactors Division (SCARD)

Discussion Forum

Signal Corps Association Primary Web Site
[ Back to the listing ] [ Post Reply ] [ Help ] [ Search ]
[ List All Forums ]

Posted By: Walter F. Mathers on: 05/24/2002 09:57:44 CDT
Subject: Tnx For Signing in Greg

Message Detail:
Greg,

The announcement of your work focusing on the memoirs of Signal Officer & Capt. Louis R. Fortescue, I'm sure, will be thrilling to many of our on-line associates. Might we receive some pre-release hard press copy Greg to relay this excitng signal through to the pages of Signal Corps Association's monthly print vehicle "Signal Cipher"? The "Cipher" has heralded the coming of such works as "Come Retribution", by William Tidwell, James O. Hall and David W. Gaddy, "Secret War for the Union" by Edwin C. Fishel, and other print publications. Will you be offering a pre-publication price? Inquiring flag floppers, and our Editrix, Miss Lisa Christofich, wanna know :)

In clos'g permit me to say that we were very pleased to have been of material assistance in helping you pin-point the true location of the Point of Rocks, Maryland signal station. This intermediate location proved to be a vital link in the four station relay system between Harpers Ferry and the Western summit of Sugarloaf Mountain especially when weather conditions became less than ideal.

Best Regards, Thanks for Posting and Much Success on Your Endeavour,
Walt

Message Link:

Signal Corps Association (1860-1865)
View Parent Message
Follow ups:

Post a follow up message
NAME:
EMAIL:
SUBJECT:
Type your Reply here:
NOTIFY ME: Yes No
This posting is a:
Comment
Question
Idea

Don't Agree
Challenge
Heads-Up!

Need Feedback
Meeting Request
LINK URL:
LINK TITLE:
IMAGE URL:

Message Search
Search ALL Forums
Filter Messages
Show messages for past days.
Name Search
Type in a full or partial name
Keyword Search
Enter keyword(s) you want to search for separated by a space.

Match Case?
Match ALL Keywords
Match ANY Keyword