Signal Corps Association Reenactors Division (SCARD)

Discussion Forum

Signal Corps Association Primary Web Site
[ Back to the listing ] [ Post Reply ] [ Help ] [ Search ]
[ List All Forums ]

Posted By: Walt Mathers on: 12/02/2004 11:46:27 EDT
Subject: What Is Scard REALLY Worth To You?

Message Detail:
Rich Dees commments in a thread about Wood's 1864 "Plan of Telegraphic Instruction" shows that we are collectivly moving ahead. Rich's words"

"This site has turned into a outstanding educational place, and I really appreciate it. By the way, I ordered a Shaffner book, and I appreciate the heads-up on that as well."

... should give cause for us to all reflect as to just what we REALLY have in the presence of this body of researhers and living historians.

Let me explain. The photocopy of Wood's came from an associate in Philadelphia and stored in our archive near Annapolis (for years I might add) and finally put into cybertext for the word to behold by our own Mark Hageman. As to the heads-up on Shaffer's 1859 "Telegraph Manual" reprint, the alert was initiated by one of our associates in the Mid-West.

Bobby Brown said recently that he began delving into torpedoes (land and floating explosive mines) from a missive he had read up on our forum.

Rich Dees is right...
"This site has turned into a outstanding educational place, and [we should all] really appreciate [and support] it.

These are my thoughts. Like to know yours?

Walt
.,-*-,._.,-*'^'~*-,._.,-*~> 5.5.5. <~*-,._.,-*~'^'~*-,._.,-*-,.

Message Link:

Signal Corps Association (1860-1865)
Follow ups:

Post a follow up message
NAME:
EMAIL:
SUBJECT:
Type your Reply here:
NOTIFY ME: Yes No
This posting is a:
Comment
Question
Idea

Don't Agree
Challenge
Heads-Up!

Need Feedback
Meeting Request
LINK URL:
LINK TITLE:
IMAGE URL:

Message Search
Search ALL Forums
Filter Messages
Show messages for past days.
Name Search
Type in a full or partial name
Keyword Search
Enter keyword(s) you want to search for separated by a space.

Match Case?
Match ALL Keywords
Match ANY Keyword