Signal Corps Association Reenactors Division (SCARD)

Discussion Forum

Signal Corps Association Primary Web Site
[ Back to the listing ] [ Post Reply ] [ Help ] [ Search ]
[ List All Forums ]

Posted By: Dave Gaddy on: 10/10/2004 18:33:40 EDT
Subject: RE: WWII Signal Corps officers/enslisted men: I'm in need of your assistance!

Message Detail:
Frank, The National Cryptologic Museum at Fort George G. Meade, MD, is supported by a non-profit "National Cryptologic Museum Foundation." The NCMF cooperates with National History Day and awards cash prizes for work concerning cryptology (code-making and code-breaking), as was the case for three students this past year and has been regularly for several years. The award is accompanied, I believe, by a certificate, so this could be a chance for recognition and for a check. Two ideas suggest themselves: (1) This web site has a wealth of information and leads on America's first serious venture into the field of code-making (security of communications) and code-breaking (signal intelligence, interception of telegraph) during the Civil War. While there aren't any veterans left, there are dedicated and experienced re-enactors, who "live the life" and are happy to share (and pose for their pictures, if you're nice to them). (2) If you want to continue with the 20th Century--WW II and later--you might be interested in "working up" the experiences of WW II, Korea, Viet Nam. The Museum has exhibits and displays about those periods. There are veterans still living and I'm sure you'd find some available for interviews, as well as recommended sources for research. If any of this interests you, drop me an e-mail directly.
View Parent Message

Post a follow up message
NAME:
EMAIL:
SUBJECT:
Type your Reply here:
NOTIFY ME: Yes No
This posting is a:
Comment
Question
Idea

Don't Agree
Challenge
Heads-Up!

Need Feedback
Meeting Request
LINK URL:
LINK TITLE:
IMAGE URL:

Message Search
Search ALL Forums
Filter Messages
Show messages for past days.
Name Search
Type in a full or partial name
Keyword Search
Enter keyword(s) you want to search for separated by a space.

Match Case?
Match ALL Keywords
Match ANY Keyword