Thomas J. Burton
Family 1: Frances Parradine Simmons
- Sex: M
- Born: ABT. 1825 in DeKalb/Cannon County, Tennessee1
- Died: 19181
- Buried: in Pleasant Hill Cemetery, Jefferson County, Illinois1
- Census: 1860 in Census shows wife Sarah and children.1
- Reference: 1111
In April 1866, nineteen people met at the Simmons School House to organize a church.
Joel Simmons was an elderly man, an old time school master and was an eloquent speaker.
Many of the nineteen were his kinfolks:
1. Tinnah P Burton was his daughter, and Thomas J. Burton was her husband
2. Silas Jefferson Simmons was his son.
3. Mary Ann Simmons McDaniel was his daughter.
4. Lucinda Simmons Alvis was his sister.
Joel was the forefather of most of the Simmons. He was born in Franklin County, Virginia, in 1804, and lived for a while in Macon County, Tennessee. He came to this locality (Panther Fork, Jefferson County, Illinois) in a covered wagon in the year of 1840.
In June 1867, the Reverend Thomas J. Burton was elected as paster. He was elected again in 1868 as pastor.
(This was taken from the writings of Myrtie Hanes)
, b. ABT. 1832 in Tennessee
- Married: 21 SEP 1861 in Jefferson County, Illinois1
"Jefferson County, Illinois, Marriages, Book 2, page 18, (1819-1874)" by Helen Wells, DAR Library
- Title: CharlesSimmons0199.FTW
Text: Date of Import: Apr 16, 1999
Please send corrections, additions or comments to Tom & Maryann Knowles
Created by IGMGet (modified by Randy Winch) Version 2.7
Copyright 1996 © Tim Doyle