Sidney Green Woodcock
Father: Thomas Jefferson Woodcock
- Sex: M
- Born: 25 AUG 1869 in Macon County, TN
- Died: 18 APR 1956 in Bowling Green, KY
- Buried: in Row 1, Haysville Cemetary
- Census: 1900 in Smith County TN
- Reference: 311
Sidney Green & Larinda took up the old home place at Long Creek (probably built by Thomas J. Woodcock).
After Larinda died and Sidney became infirm, he vacated the old home place and moved to Bowling Green, Kentucky, to a house that Molly and Purvis bought for him. That house was near some relative, possibly Clarise (?).
Upon vacating the old home place, Leland & Hester took up the home place and farmed tobacco in the flats next to Long Creek (the flood plain). They sold the home place when they moved to Indianapolis, sometime mid-1950's.
Grandpa Sidney later went to a nursing home in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Mollye and Mandy were with him when he died.
Cathy Carter remembers that as a child (about 5 to 7 years of age), Irene took her on a long drive to visit an old man in a nursing home. Cathy remembers hugging and kissing him, and then laughing because his stubble tickled.
Tom Rye Knowles, Jr. remembers Grandpa Sidney always had stubble on his face.
, b. 11 JUN 1828 in Smith County, TN
Mother: Martha H. Meador
, b. OCT 1847
Family 1: Larinda Seagraves
, b. 9 DEC 1870 in Missouri
- Mandy (Amanda) Woodcock, b. Private
- Mamie Woodcock, b. Private
- Sally (Sallie J.) Woodcock, b. MAY 1892
- Vickie Woodcock, b. SEP 1894
- Dora Frances Woodcock, b. 28 DEC 1896
- Purvis Othneal Woodcock, b. MAY 1899
- Mollye Woodcock, b. Private
- Virginia Woodcock, b. 22 JUN 1911
Please send corrections, additions or comments to Tom & Maryann Knowles
Created by IGMGet (modified by Randy Winch) Version 2.7
Copyright 1996 © Tim Doyle