Father: Joseph Flight Woodcock
- Sex: M
- Born: 1864 in Enfield, Middlesex, England
- Died: 14 NOV 1923 in Devon, England
- Occupation: APPRENTICE (1881)
- Record Change : 7 JAN 2006
- other : 17 DEC 1923 in Exeter, Devon, England
- 1911 2 Apr Census : in Erith, Kent, England
- 31 March 1901 Census : 31 MAR 1901 in Erith, Kent, England
- RESI: Census:- 5 Myrtle Hill Belvedere, 5 APR 1891 in Erith, Kent, England
- Occupation: Mechanical Engineer 31 March 1901
- Occupation: at date of marriage 6 Aug 1889 Engineer of Islington London.
- Occupation: Engineer Ordinance- Guns & Munitions- Widower. 2 APR 1911 in Erith, Kent, England 1881 in Essex, England 1881 in West Ham, Essex, England
- Birth : 1864 in Enfield Lock, Middlesex, England 1871 in West Ham, Essex, England
Lived at 69 Riverdale Rd, Erith Middlesex.
As of the 5th April 1891 Census for Kent Henry and Family are recorded a s residing at 5 Myrtle Villas Belvedere Kent Parish Erith;Hamlet Belveder e; Division Dartford Parish All Saints RG 12/638 They had a Boarder Edwar d Lack age 21 Mechanical Engineer Born Isle of Man probably a fellow work er with Henry.
Born June quarter 1868
It was first developed from about 1812 when a UK government-owned rifle f actory, which was to be later known as the Royal Small Arms Factory (RSAF ), Enfield, was built. The factory was built round about the end of the N apoleonic War on the instructions of the Board of Ordnance on marsh lan d at Enfield Lock on the banks of both the River Lea and the River Lea Na vigation. The site was where the old River Lea joined the new River Lea.
Enfield Lock (lock) had been built in 1811 to conserve water on the river , and a lock keeper's house was built.
There was no other housing at that time at Enfield Lock, so workers had t o live nearby at Enfield Wash.
The RSAF was closed shortly after privatisation, in about 1987 and the ma jority of the former site has now been redeveloped into a large housing d evelopment: Enfield Island Village. The original machine shop frontage an d the older part of the rear structure has been retained and was converte d into workshops and retail units by the Enfield Enterprise Agency, makin g use of European Union (ERDF) funding.
Name: Henry Woodcock
Event Date: 1911
Birthplace: Enfield, Middlesex
Record Type: Household
Registration District: Dartford
- Record Updated: 12 DEC 2013
, b. 3 MAY 1836 in Stratford, Essex, England
Mother: Cobeta Royo
, b. 1838 in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Family 1: Sarah Ann. Kate LeatherdaleSarah Ann Kate Leatherdale
, b. SEP 1867 in Gillingham, Dorset, England
- Married: 6 AUG 1889 in Sherborne, Dorset, England 6 AUG 1889
- Stanley Robin WoodcockStanley Robin Woodcock, b. 27 OCT 1897 in Dartford, Kent, England
Please send corrections, additions or comments to David Raymond Woodcock
Created by IGMGet (modified by Randy Winch) Version 2.7
Copyright 1996 © Tim Doyle