Father: Hanson Flight
- Sex: M
- Born: 1773 in Bermondsey, Surrey, England
- Died: 2 FEB 1811 in Stratford, Essex, England
- Occupation: MILLER
- Record Change : 7 JAN 2006 6 JUN 1801 in West Ham, Essex, England
May have been born 1770 or 1773
JOSEPH'S FATHER WAS HANSON FLIGHT AND THEY WERE BOTH MILLERS AT ABBEY MI LLS STRATFORD.. INFORMATION SUPPLIED BY THEIR GREAT,GREAT GRANDDAUGHTE R MRS MARJORIE COX FLAT, 2 WEAVER'S` HOUSE NEW WANSTEAD LONDON E 11 2S Z ON THE NIGHT OF 2 FEBRUARY 1811 HE WAS SET UPON BY FOOTPADS AS HE ROD E HIS HORSE HOME ACROSS THE BOW BRIDGE AND WAS LEFT TO DROWN IN THE RIVE R LEA.
The Times of 8 March 1811 has a short report of the finding of a body, i n the river Lee near Bromley, of a Mr Flight of Stratford, "eminent mille r and mealman".
It says that a month previously he had spent his evening at a pub calle d the Harrow and had left late at night, intoxicated, and is supposed t o have fallen in the river.
6th June 1801 Marriage witnessed by Thos (Thomas?) Martin & Elizth Rayden
- Record Updated: 12 DEC 2013
, b. 1737 in Abingdon, Berkshire, England
Mother: Martha Underhill
, b. 1742 in London, England
Family 1: Jane Greenwood
, b. 1774 in West Ham, Essex, England
- Married: 6 JUN 1801 6 JUN 1801
- Jane Flight, b. 6 AUG 1808 in West Ham, Essex, England
- Ann FlightAnn Woodcock, b. 8 MAR 1802 in West Ham, Essex, England
- Hanson FlightHanson Blight, b. 20 MAR 1807 in West Ham, Essex, England
Please send corrections, additions or comments to David Raymond Woodcock
Created by IGMGet (modified by Randy Winch) Version 2.7
Copyright 1996 © Tim Doyle